Monday, November 15, 2010

Kanye West Expresses Frustration Over Today Show Appearance

The ambivalent relationship between Kanye West and the media continues to flourish as the influential artist expressed his frustration with Matt Lauer via Twitter. After doing an interview with the Today Show-host, ‘Ye expressed his regret for the remarks regarding George W. Bush after Hurricane Katrina. Although the full interview does not seem to have aired yet, in an excerpt played on the “Today” show, Lauer shows Bush a clip of West saying, “I would tell George Bush in my moment of frustration I didn’t have the grounds to call him a racist. But I believe that in a situation of high emotion like that, we as human beings don’t always choose the right words.” Bush appeared to accept West’s apology, but the producers coupled his contrition with images of the Taylor Swift faux-pas which led to Kayne’s furious reaction:

“I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist. While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the ‘MTV’ under me with audio!!!!!!! I don’t mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show … and that’s a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT … I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused … I don’t trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don’t do press anymore. I can’t be everything to everybody anymore … I can’t be everybody’s hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ! … I can’t take anymore advice!!! I create, I’m creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment